Wed 8 Apr 2009
Oh my my! I haven’t blogged since March 21? UNACCEPTABLE! Where has the time gone? I almost can’t believe it. Hard to believe it’s already Spring – especially since here in Toronto the weather is completely bi-polar. On Monday I was out enjoying the sunshine and fresh air in my t-shirt and on Tuesday it was SNOWING ?@?#! and I had to (reluctantly) pull out the winter coat and gloves…again. Today it’s neither Spring nor Winter. For god sakes Mother Nature, make up your damn mind.
Before I forget, Happy Passover to my Jewish friends. I’m sure we’re all looking forward to the joys of Matzah-induced constipation. Hope you all have a rockin’ Sedar this evening.
I hope you have all been saving your pennies up because I have some new goodies coming to you before the weekend – plus a wicked kick ass sale because it’s a VERY special occasion. PC is turning 3! Hip hip hooray.
Are we all watching American Idol? A bit of a snooze-fest this year if you ask me. I’m enjoying Cara, the new judge. She was a little better earlier in the season though. I think the plan is to get rid of Paula but I have to say, last night she was doing SOMETHING right. She stopped stuttering and her sentences made complete sense for the first time in weeks. I must admit I was slightly distracted by the woman with MASSIVE boobs seated behind Paula. Every time she clapped, the ‘girls’ would clap together too. It was quite amusing. Also amusing are the condescending faces Simon makes whenever Paula speaks.
The show ran late so I missed Adam Lambert, who kind of scares me, but I heard he was really good last night. I taped it late so I’ll catch it later. ‘Cuz I know you care whether or not I watch it. LOL.
And now for some super cool scrap-tastic crafts from master of all things awesome, Mary Jo Johnston..
Cutesy Doodle Doo Easter Wreath
By: Mary Jo Johnston
Want to make something EGG-stra (sorry, couldn’t resist!) special for Easter?
Need a fun and easy project to make with your children? Grab your scissors and glue and create this Cutesy Doodle Wreath in just about an hour!
It will look great hanging on your front door or a door knob. You could even give it to a friend as an Egg-stra special treat!
Here’s what you need:
Miss Mint’s Cutesy Doodle Doo Pack
(1) 12” Wooden or Styrofoam Wreath (I bought mine at Michael’s for $0.99)
Foam Squares or Pop Dots
- Print 20-25 large egg doodles, 5-10 small egg doodles, 1 doodled bunny (I recolored mine to white) and 2 tags with your message onto cardstock.
- Cut out all of the shapes.
- Tie a ribbon to your wreath to hang from before you glue down the eggs.
- Arrange your eggs on the wooden or styrofoam wreath with a pattern that you like. When you’re happy with the pattern, glue the eggs to the wreath.
- Using a foam square or pop dot, adhere the bunny to the right side of your wreath.
- Add the sentiment tags as shown.