Fri 19 Dec 2008
Aloha! Joscie here with a quick and easy holiday project. I created these simple calendars in just a few easy steps, I call it calendars for the under achiever because it’s a lot of "pop" for a little work! Anyone can do it, including you!
I saved each one at 300 dpi 6"x4" size. I took the files on a disk to Wal-Mart and ordered one hour prints. Before paying for the prints I checked all of the prints and asked for a few months to be reprinted because the days were cut off on the bottom (no charge for fixing mistakes). I brought it home and collated each year. I cut up 12×12 sheets of black chipboard into 6"x4" pieces. I used my Bind it All to punch holes in all pieces. Although I could fit all 12 pictures in the punch area, I only punched 6 at a time for a cleaner punch. I also used the spacer bar to create the punched holes closer to the edge.
When binding projects with the Bind it All, I recommend stacking the back cover on top of the front cover on top of all inside pages. Insert the 1/2" binding coil in through the back cover so the ugly part will be at the back of the book. Squeeze gently in the bind it all and voila your perfectly bound project.
For the covers, I used my new spellbinders pinked circle dies with my Sizzix Big Kick to cut my flocked damask Doodlebug paper into large circles for the front covers and a smaller circles for the back covers. I also used my Quickutz Studio dies to cut foam numbers 2009 and adhered with the Xyron machine. I stamped my "from the studio of" stamp on cardstock, punched with a Stampin’ Up! circle punch and mounted on the small pinked circle with foam pop dots.